Thursday, February 03, 2011

Libertarians for Duvalier/Mubarak 2012

First, the Libertarian Party's 2008 presidential candidate, Bob Barr, traveled to Haiti to support former dictator Baby Doc Duvalier.

Now, the LP's 2008 VP candidate and Birther conspiracy source, Wayne Allyn Root, defends current dictator Hosni Mubarak.

One of the commentators on the above IPR thread used the handle "Libertarians for Duvalier/Mubarak 2012". It wasn't me. I thought of it myself, but as I was scrolling down, I saw that someone had beat me to it.

If two people independently invent that same joke so quickly, it's safe to assume that others will too. Reality lends itself to that joke.

The Neocon "Big Tent" Libertarians (a lie, since their "Big Tent" has no room for Muslims, anarchists, non-interventionists, and other groups) promised to end the LP's being a "debating club." But they never explained that they would replace the debating club with a depraved joke.

Even many Republicans and Democrats have disowned Duvalier and Mubarak, if only out of self-interest. It takes a Libertarian rat to swim to a sinking ship.

No comments: